Getting around Orleans
How can you get about in Orleans?
To rent a bike:
SELF SERVICE: VÉLO’+
With Vélo’+, a self-service bike rental service provided by Orleans, you can hire a bike at one of 34 docking stations around the city.
Easy to use, simply take a bike from one docking station and return it to any other around the city, 24/7.
LONG-TERM RENTAL: VÉLO’TAO
Vélo’tao is a bike rental service available to residents of Orleans who do not live or work near a Vélo’+ station.
Users sign up for longer-term rental of electric or standard bikes.
TOURIST BIKE RENTAL SERVICE
The TAO network serves all 22 towns and villages of Orleans.
Two fully-accessible tram lines with trams every five minutes at peak times:
- Line A: north <> south
- Line B: east <> west
The Bus network offers:
- Eight lines running continually 7 days a week until 10.30 pm on weekdays and 12.30 am at weekends;
- Buses run every 10 minutes from the suburbs to the city centre;
- Additional lines and routes tailored to local needs.
ON-DEMAND TRANSPORT SERVICES
- The Résa'tao service offers additional transport to the bus and tram network serving the more remote areas;
- The TPMR service is aimed at people with reduced mobility.
12 ‘park and ride’ stops where you can leave your car and complete your journey by tram.
- Allô Tao: 0 800 01 2000 (free calls & assistance) from Monday to Saturday 7 am to 7.30 pm
- Tao Martroi company: 4, rue de la Hallebarde 45 000 Orleans - Monday to Friday from 7.30 am to 7 pm / Saturday from 8.30 am to 6 pm
- Tao app (free on Apple Store and Android)
Carigami is an on-line car rental comparison service, leader in the French market. The portal compares deals from 40,000 car rental companies in 170 countries worldwide, in real time. The high-volume comparison means that a customer can find the best car rental prices for the chosen destination in a matter of seconds.
You may also like
Getting to Orleans
How can you travel to Orleans?
Want to ride a bike in Orleans?
What cycling routes are there? Where can you hire a bike?