GETTING HERE AND PUBLIC TRANSPORT
GETTING TO ORLEANS
In the heart of the Loire Valley, Orléans enjoys a favourable position, at the crossroads of major roads:
A10 > Paris - Orléans - Bordeaux
A71 > Orléans - Bourges - Clermont-Ferrand
A19 > Artenay - Orléans - Courtenay
D2020 > Paris - Orléans - Toulouse
Several regional passenger transport companies share the departmental and inter-departmental lines.
Two train stations serve the regional capital, which is 1 hour from Paris and Tours: Orléans station, in the city centre, and Fleury-les-Aubrais, to the north. They are connected by daily SNCF shuttle buses and by the tram.
20 km east of Orléans, Loiret airport in Saint-Denis-de-l'Hôtel provides air access for light tourism and business aircraft.
700,000 cyclists every year. Why not try "The Loire by Bike?". This cycle route, which goes through Orléans, is one of the best cycle routes in France.
USING PUBLIC TRANSPORT
The TAO network serves the 22 communes of the Orléans Métropole.
2 fully accessible Tram lines with frequency of one tram every 5 minutes at peak times:
· Line A: north <> south;
· Line B: east <> west.
· 8 lines in operation 7 days a week until 10.30pm in the week and until 12.30am at the weekend;
· Buses every 10 minutes in the suburbs to reach the city centre;
· Complementary lines with routes suitable for local needs.
On-demand transport services:
· The résa'tao service is a complementary service to the bus and tram network in areas which are further away;
· The TPMR service for people with reduced mobility.
· 12 Park & Tram Ride sites so you can leave your car and finish your journey on the tramway;
· vélo'tao, long-term bike rental;
· Secure bike park & ride sites, so you can leave your bike and finish your journey on the tramway or foot;
· auto'tao, short-term self-service car rental.
· Allô Tao: 0 800 01 2000 (free services & calls) from Monday to Saturday, 7am to 7.30pm
· Agence Tao Martroi: 4, rue de la Hallebarde 45000 Orléans - From Monday to Friday, 7.30am to 7pm / Saturday from 8.30am to 6pm
· Tao app (available free of charge on Apple Store and Android)
Rent a vehicle
Carigami is a car rental comparison website, a leader on the French market. The site compares offers in real-time from 40,000 car rental agencies in 170 countries. This allows the customer to get the best car rental deals for their chosen location in just a few seconds.